Monday, August 11, 2008

Platte River State Park

This being an eclectic blog, I figured I'd start posting to occasional random photo set that comes out of my camera.

Last weekend my girlfriend and I headed down to Platte River State Park, a delightful little network of hiking trails along the Platte River, south of Omaha.


It didn't take long to find the local fauna. My girlfriend caught a toad, obviously. The toad was understandably upset, and she got peed on as a result.


Some kind of butterfly minding its own business.



My favorite: we saw four deer in all (all does). Perhaps its the same in other places, but personally I've never lived in a place where the deer are so tame as they are in the Omaha area. I was in a state park, but honestly, I might have gotten this shot a block from my home in the city. The deer in this state have very little fear of people. Its kind of nice.

No comments: